TMJ – Temporomandibular Disorder (TMD)
Millions of Canadians suffer from chronic facial and neck pain as well as recurring headaches. In some cases, this pain is due to Temporomandibular Disorder, or TMD. Your temporomandibular joints (TMJ) connect your lower jawbone to your skull. These joints get a lot of use throughout the day as you speak, chew, swallow, and yawn. Pain in and around these joints can be unpleasant and may even restrict movement. Signs and Symptoms of TMD include:
- Pain in the jaw area
- Pain, ringing, or stuffiness in the ears
- Frequent headaches or neck aches
- Clicking or popping sound when the jaw moves
- Swelling on the sides of the face
- Muscle spasms in the jaw area
- A change in the alignment of top and bottom teeth
- Locked jaw or limited opening of the mouth
- A feeling as though your bite is “changing”
- Your teeth are short and have a flattened appearance
- You are constantly breaking teeth for no apparent reason
Should you experience any of these symptoms please let us know. Dr. Kent can help indicate the presence of TMD, and create an effective treatment just for you.
Better Dental Care Is Our Mission
Emergency Dental & Same Day Appointments Are Available.
1101 Rutherford Rd., Unit#5 Thornhill, ON L4J 0E2
Copyright 2018 Dentistry On Thornhill Woods.